Huda AlSultan is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian, mindful eating coach, passionate foodie, and mum of three. You may recognise her as a top 24 contestant from MasterChef Australia season 11, and she’s also the recipe developer and co-founder of Sassi Ice Cream. Originally from Saudi Arabia, Huda lives in Adelaide, South Australia, with her husband Adam and children.
Huda is proud to be combining her talents with the flavours of Awesome Food Co’s new product “Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Juniper” and share this delicious recipe with you.
“Enjoyed chilled or at room temperature, this Soba Noodle Bowl tossed in the flavorsome Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Juniper and a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice is exactly what you need for a quick and light meal.” Huda
- Bring water to a boil (You don’t need to salt the water for cooking soba). Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions.
- Drain into a colander and rinse the soba noodles under cold running water. This step is important to remove the starch from the soba noodles. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine all listed herbs into soba noodles.
- Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Juniper, freshly squeezed lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Toss everything together. Transfer to a serving bowl or plate. Finish with a light drizzle of Awesome Food Co Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Juniper.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of dried currants
270g Dried Soba noodles
⅓ c fresh sage leaves, chopped
⅓ c fresh mint leaves, chopped
⅓ c fresh parsley leaves, chopped
¼ c thyme, picked leaves
⅓ tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
⅓ c Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Juniper, plus extra for drizzle
Salt flakes to taste
Dried currants for garnish